- BETTER LIVING IDEAS with COMMUNITY KITCHEN RECIPES 24/03/2020 I selected 2 items today for our recipes – Chicken and Cabbage with a few recipes to follow.
For the children i offer a simple biscuit recipe that yields around 30 biscuits – depending on how much mixture is left in the bowl before baking 🙂
HOW TO POACH A CHICKEN
Buy a decent size chicken or two
- CORONAVIRUS CARE – take care of the IMMUNE SYSTEM with KRISTINE MATHESON 10/03/2020
Kristine Matheson is inspirational – The Forgotten Secrets are just that and after talking with Krissy over the years I wanted to share this great article I found. Cancer to Wellness was a journey that took Krissy to rediscover the art of wellness and hearing all the chats about taking care of ourselves in this ...
- FIRST WEEK OF AUTUMN 3/03/2020 THE TOMATO TRAY BAKE (Recipe from Jessica Brook)
8 medium tomatoes
2 tabs olive oil
50 gr unsalted butter
1 onion, thinly sliced in rounds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2 cups pearl barley
1/3 cup chillies in adobo
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tabs brown sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
400 gr can crushed tomatoes
3 cups hot vegetable ...
- PANCAKE DAY – RECIPES TO CELEBRATE 23/02/2020 A really easy recipe for children to make pancakes as TWO OLD DUCKS have used in our book is so simple and works a treat, just allow the batter to sit
Using 1 +1 +1 its easy for children to remember
1 egg + 1 cup SR flour + 1 cup milk
But lets get a little bit ...
- LOCAL FISHING & SEAFOOD IDEAS 18/02/2020 After talking with Natalie Savige from Saviges Seafood @ Bribie Island thought I would share some accompaniments and cooking ideas.
We all love seafood, well most of the population but stats show that vegan based diets are on the turn and @ our Community Kitchen Recipe content we love to share both.
After chatting with Natalie from ...
- MIDDLE EASTERN FLAVOURS using SIMPLE GARDEN PRODUCE 11/02/2020 SMALL SHARED PLATES bring extra taste, colour and texture to your family table
I found some wonderful recipes from Adam Koor that will get the taste buds going https://adamkoor.com/
LEMON POTATOES WITH HERB LABNA
1 bunch parsley – discard stems and chops leaves – set aside
1 bunch coriander – discard stems and chop leaves – set aside
5 cloves ...
- RECIPES – from FAMILY TABLE YOUR LUNCHBOX – 4/02/2020
Baba Ghanoush – easy dip based on eggplant.
Use as a side with roast lamb or chicken
As a sauce for rice , roast vegetables, lamb koftas, lamb souvlaki
Spread as a base for a sandwich
Serve with pita chips as a dip
1 large eggplant( roasted on top of BBQ or in oven @ 200 until soft – ...
- VEGAN DISHES FOR YOUR FAMILY TABLE – 28/01/20 Asian Favourites (Cherie Tu @ Nourish Magazine)
250 gr Thai rice noodles
2 tbls soy sauce
3 tbls coconut sugar
2 tsp tamarind paste
1 tsp sriracha
1/4 cup water
1 tbls cooking oil
200 gr firm tofu
1 small shallot or red onion
1 cup bean sprouts, plus extra to serve
1 bunch garlic chives or spring onions
2 tbls roasted ...
- Ready for Christmas? 29/10/2019 GINGERBREAD (pg 147 – Two Old Ducks Sweet Celebrations)
3 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi-carb of soda
3 tsp ground ginger
1 cup brown sugar
125 gr butter
1/2 cup honey
Preheat oven to moderate – line baking trays with paper
Beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy, add egg
Combine the flour, baking ...
- RECIPES inspired by fresh herbs from your garden 22/10/2019 EDAMAME PODS or YOUNG SOY BEANS – soy beans harvested @ 80% maturity – 15% protein – now considered an intregal ingredient in plant based diet
EDAMAME PUREE (modified from MindFood magazine)
1 tabs olive oil
4 spring onions – finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups edamame beans – podded
40 gr butter
2 tabs rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup mirin
Heat the oil ...
Click here to browse the Two Old Ducks Recipe Archives.