- Ready for Christmas? 29/10/2019 GINGERBREAD (pg 147 – Two Old Ducks Sweet Celebrations)
3 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi-carb of soda
3 tsp ground ginger
1 cup brown sugar
125 gr butter
1/2 cup honey
Preheat oven to moderate – line baking trays with paper
Beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy, add egg
Combine the flour, baking ...
- RECIPES inspired by fresh herbs from your garden 22/10/2019 EDAMAME PODS or YOUNG SOY BEANS – soy beans harvested @ 80% maturity – 15% protein – now considered an intregal ingredient in plant based diet
EDAMAME PUREE (modified from MindFood magazine)
1 tabs olive oil
4 spring onions – finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups edamame beans – podded
40 gr butter
2 tabs rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup mirin
Heat the oil ...
- Recipes Inspired by Jacinta’s travels in China 15/10/2019 Xinjiang LAMB SKEWERS
Kao Rou – ‘meat charred to order)
2 onions – roughly chopped
3 tabs stock powder
1 tab potato starch (or corn starch)
2 eggs beaten
1 kilo lamb shoulder, cut into 3cm pieces – don’t trim the fat
500 ml water
Put all ingredients in a bowl and marinate overnight
Thread onto skewers and cook on a BBQ
When browned and ...
- Stock – Make your own 13/8/2019
Make a difference when cooking – Stock just adds the flavour boost
Ever wondered what the difference between stock and broth. Stock is made from the bones and joints adding a lot of collagen and making the liquid more viscous whereas broth is usually made from actual meat making it a much thinner consistency.
STOCK IS MADE ...
- Omlettes 6/8/2019
From Basic to Fancy
To Make an Omelette
Not just a quick meal but also an addition to salads and fried rice
Prepare your filling , cooking any food that needs prior cooking
Beat eggs in a bowl until fluffy – 2 eggs per person is a good ratio
Heat a small pan adding a little butter or oil – ...
- Eggs – Simplicity at its Best 27/8/2019 Who could ever deny that one of the most fragile gifts that nature offers is a strong and essential element in the cooking chain.
From the most simple boiled, to the tossed omelette to the sophisticated souffle eggs give the cook the binding, the rise and the lift. Eggs are the basis of many creations, culturally ...
- Lettuce 23/9/2019 Lettuce can be as fancy or as boring as you want it to be. Summer is on the way and salads occupy most of our plate space, so lets put a few delicious slants on that idea.
San Choy Bow – delicious and crunchy with Carrot, ginger and chilli quick pickle
Use a lettuce that is crisp ...
- Breakfast for the busy family 9/9/2019 One of my favorite puddings when I was a kid. Sago or frogs eyes as we called them were usually cooked with either lemon or tinned pineapple. I change that now and cook with coconut milk as I love the flavour of coconut and enjoy that creamy texture. Like creamy rice these are great for ...
- Taking Dinner to the Lunch-box – 8/10/2019
500 gram minced lamb
1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons preserved lemon, finely chopped
1/3 cup crumbs to bind (can use sesame seeds)
Seasoning to your taste
Combine, roll into shape, refrigerate until ready to BBQ
500 gram beef mince
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 onion grated or finely ...
Click here to browse the Two Old Ducks Recipe Archives.