- THE PANTRY – Pickled radishes, KIDS KITCHEN – filled potatoes, FAMILY TABLE – potato rostis & pickles 16/06/2020 THE PANTRY
Pickled Radishes – Korean style
500 gr radishes
1 cup white vinegar OR rice vinegar
1 cup sugar – white OR raw
1 cup water
pinch of sea salt
Sterilize jars – either wash in dishwasher or turn upside down in the oven and heat @ moderate heat for 10 mins
Remove jars with care – turn right side up and ...
- PANTRY STAPLE – CORNFLOUR 9/06/2020 Gluten free – SPONGE CAKE
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups cornflour – non wheat variety
1/2 tsp baking powder – gf
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees
Beat eggs until thick – approx 10 mins
Add sugar gradually – dissolving the sugar as you bake
Fold in sieved cornflour and baking powder – taking care to fold gently so that the ...
- The PANTRY – Pepper is the taste of the day, The KIDS KITCHEN – Biscuit time, The FAMILY TABLE 2/06/2020 PEPPER is the PANTRY staple
I love a Peppercorn sauce with using crushed whole black or pickled green peppercorns
This sauce goes with Beef or chicken or tofu (you will have to substitute the cream is making a vegan dish)
I always have a little tin of green peppercorns in the pantry – you’ll find them in the ...
- The Pantry, Kids Kitchen and Family Table Recipes 26/05/2020 The Pantry
Flour the most basic of pantry items.
A simple Pastry
1 cup plain flour
1 cup SR flour
125 gr butter – grated
lemon juice and water to bind
Mix flours together and rub in butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
Break egg into the centre and mix thru with a knife
Add enough water to bring the dough together
Turn onto ...
- THE PANTRY – THE KIDS KITCHEN and HERBS WITH BASILEA 19/05/2020 Community Kitchen introduces our new weekly additions – The Pantry and The Kids Kitchen
Each week I will introduce a new pantry staple, its story and some recipes. Along with the Pantry the new kid on the block is the KIDS Kitchen. IN this section Community Kitchen will introduce some easy after school snacks, early dinners, ...
- WINTER WARMERS -dishes for One 12/05/2020 Quick and Easy Meals for one – some simple dishes to have for lunch, breakfast or dinner
After reading a great article in WELL BEING – EAT WELL I just had to share a couple of great ideas for simple meals that carry you thru any meal time. Sometimes cooking for one can be a lonely ...
- MOTHERS DAY – Special Cake Recipe 5/05/2020 MOTHERS LOVE A SPECIAL TREAT
I often think we make our lives very complicated and yet a simple gesture goes a long way.
Mothers all around the world will enjoy being the focus for the day.
The handmade gifts from the children are always the best – I still have a memory box of goodies from my children, ...
- FISH CAKES 28/04/2020 FISH CAKES
Mashed potato – white or sweet – 3 medium
425 gr tin of tuna or salmon
panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
NOW FOR THE CHANGES
sweet potato mash
coriander – finely chopped
finely chopped chili or sweet chili sauce to taste
thinly slices kaffir lime leaves
white potato mash
large dollop of whole egg mayonnaise
finely chopped spring onions or chives
- BETTER LIVING IDEAS with COMMUNITY KITCHEN RECIPES 24/03/2020 I selected 2 items today for our recipes – Chicken and Cabbage with a few recipes to follow.
For the children i offer a simple biscuit recipe that yields around 30 biscuits – depending on how much mixture is left in the bowl before baking 🙂
HOW TO POACH A CHICKEN
Buy a decent size chicken or two
- CORONAVIRUS CARE – take care of the IMMUNE SYSTEM with KRISTINE MATHESON 10/03/2020
Kristine Matheson is inspirational – The Forgotten Secrets are just that and after talking with Krissy over the years I wanted to share this great article I found. Cancer to Wellness was a journey that took Krissy to rediscover the art of wellness and hearing all the chats about taking care of ourselves in this ...
Click here to browse the Two Old Ducks Recipe Archives.