- THE PANTRY – THE KIDS KITCHEN and HERBS WITH BASILEA 19/05/2020 Community Kitchen introduces our new weekly additions – The Pantry and The Kids Kitchen
Each week I will introduce a new pantry staple, its story and some recipes. Along with the Pantry the new kid on the block is the KIDS Kitchen. IN this section Community Kitchen will introduce some easy after school snacks, early dinners, ...
- WINTER WARMERS -dishes for One 12/05/2020 Quick and Easy Meals for one – some simple dishes to have for lunch, breakfast or dinner
After reading a great article in WELL BEING – EAT WELL I just had to share a couple of great ideas for simple meals that carry you thru any meal time. Sometimes cooking for one can be a lonely ...
- MOTHERS DAY – Special Cake Recipe 5/05/2020 MOTHERS LOVE A SPECIAL TREAT
I often think we make our lives very complicated and yet a simple gesture goes a long way.
Mothers all around the world will enjoy being the focus for the day.
The handmade gifts from the children are always the best – I still have a memory box of goodies from my children, ...
- FISH CAKES 28/04/2020 FISH CAKES
Mashed potato – white or sweet – 3 medium
425 gr tin of tuna or salmon
panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
NOW FOR THE CHANGES
sweet potato mash
coriander – finely chopped
finely chopped chili or sweet chili sauce to taste
thinly slices kaffir lime leaves
white potato mash
large dollop of whole egg mayonnaise
finely chopped spring onions or chives
- BETTER LIVING IDEAS with COMMUNITY KITCHEN RECIPES 24/03/2020 I selected 2 items today for our recipes – Chicken and Cabbage with a few recipes to follow.
For the children i offer a simple biscuit recipe that yields around 30 biscuits – depending on how much mixture is left in the bowl before baking 🙂
HOW TO POACH A CHICKEN
Buy a decent size chicken or two
- CORONAVIRUS CARE – take care of the IMMUNE SYSTEM with KRISTINE MATHESON 10/03/2020
Kristine Matheson is inspirational – The Forgotten Secrets are just that and after talking with Krissy over the years I wanted to share this great article I found. Cancer to Wellness was a journey that took Krissy to rediscover the art of wellness and hearing all the chats about taking care of ourselves in this ...
- FIRST WEEK OF AUTUMN 3/03/2020 THE TOMATO TRAY BAKE (Recipe from Jessica Brook)
8 medium tomatoes
2 tabs olive oil
50 gr unsalted butter
1 onion, thinly sliced in rounds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2 cups pearl barley
1/3 cup chillies in adobo
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tabs brown sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
400 gr can crushed tomatoes
3 cups hot vegetable ...
- PANCAKE DAY – RECIPES TO CELEBRATE 23/02/2020 A really easy recipe for children to make pancakes as TWO OLD DUCKS have used in our book is so simple and works a treat, just allow the batter to sit
Using 1 +1 +1 its easy for children to remember
1 egg + 1 cup SR flour + 1 cup milk
But lets get a little bit ...
- LOCAL FISHING & SEAFOOD IDEAS 18/02/2020 After talking with Natalie Savige from Saviges Seafood @ Bribie Island thought I would share some accompaniments and cooking ideas.
We all love seafood, well most of the population but stats show that vegan based diets are on the turn and @ our Community Kitchen Recipe content we love to share both.
After chatting with Natalie from ...
- MIDDLE EASTERN FLAVOURS using SIMPLE GARDEN PRODUCE 11/02/2020 SMALL SHARED PLATES bring extra taste, colour and texture to your family table
I found some wonderful recipes from Adam Koor that will get the taste buds going https://adamkoor.com/
LEMON POTATOES WITH HERB LABNA
1 bunch parsley – discard stems and chops leaves – set aside
1 bunch coriander – discard stems and chop leaves – set aside
5 cloves ...
Click here to browse the Two Old Ducks Recipe Archives.