SMALL SHARED PLATES bring extra taste, colour and texture to your family table
I found some wonderful recipes from Adam Koor that will get the taste buds going https://adamkoor.com/
LEMON POTATOES WITH HERB LABNA
- 1 bunch parsley – discard stems and chops leaves – set aside
- 1 bunch coriander – discard stems and chop leaves – set aside
- 5 cloves garlic – peeled and finely slices
- 800 gr potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 4 tbls lemon juice
- oil to fry
- Peel and chop potatoes into small cubes – fry for 10 mins medium heat until crisp and golden
- Fry finely slices garlic in pan – add lemon juice and bring to the boil
- Season sell with salt and pepper
- Add the herbs and the cooked potatoes
- Toss to combine
PREPARING THE LABNA – preferably the day before (and do extra for use in other dishes)
- 400 gr Greek yoghurt
- 1 tabs lemon juice
- 100 gr mixed herbs (parsley, dill and mint)
- Chop the herbs and place in bowl
- Add yoghurt and lemon juice
- Season to taste
- Place sieve over bowl and line with muslin cloth/ cheesecloth
- Spoon in the mixture, fold cloth over and weigh down with plate or lid
- Leave overnight in refrigerator to drain
TO SERVE – place the labna on a platter or individual plates and spoon over Lemon potatoes
Last week I left recipes for my BABA GHANOUSH – Adam Koor presents a SWEET POTATO BABA GHANOUSH by adding roast sweet potato – 300 grams to the mixture for a different flavour and definitely worth trying.
I also loved the ORANGE TABOULI WITH HALOUMI featured in the article in Mindfood Magazine https://www.mindfood.com/all-recipes/
By adding orange slices and juice along with fried halolumi adding protein to a wonderful recipe is always a winner. I usually use burghul which is cracked wheat but this recipe calls for couscous and sounds delicious.
Tabouli is filled with fresh herbs, usually parsley and mint, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
Adam Koor serves a Carrot Falafel with ZHUG (a green sauce usually found in Chinese cuisine) but love the adaption to sit with the Falafels. I have added my recipe shared last year and encourage you to be adventurous, use what is available to you and create a unique recipe to share with friends and family.
- 2-3 jalapenos – remove the seeds
- 2 sprig of mint – use leaves and chop finely
- 3 bunches of coriander – use leaves and chop finely
- 2 cloves garlic – peel and chop finely
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Place the jalapenos, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, honey and olive oil in bowl
- Use a stick blender to puree, season well with salt
ZHOUG (Zhug) – A RECIPE from my post 15/10/2019
- 1 1/2 bunches of coriander or parsley
- 10 cloves garlic
- 8 small hot chilli
- 3 cardamon pods
- 2 tabs olive oil
Process together – store in sealed jar
All these flavours transport the taste buds to a better place but changing the ratios can bring a different depth and that little extra deliciousness.
ENJOY YOUR CREATIONS!!!!!!